Asian Tofu Salad – a memory of the time I lived in China
Since I lived in China for several years this tofu salad is one of my favorite Asian dish. The roasted sesame oil, rice vinegar and the soy sauce melt together perfectly. What you get is a light, flavorful and satisfying. In China this salad is usually served with several other side dishes before they serve the main meals.
For the tofu salad you need:
- tofu sheets
- sesame oil
- rice vinegar
- soy sauce
- chili flakes (optional)
This Asian Tofu Salad reminds me of the time I lived in China. I remember how excited I was, every time they served this dish in a restaurant. Now, it was time for a blog recipe to eternalize this memory.
- 8 oz tofu sheets, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup cucumber, finely shredded
- 3/4 cup celery, finely shredded
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp fresh cilantro for garnish, chopped
- Rinse the tofu sheets and use paper towels to dry
- Prepare the tofu according according the ingredient list
- Transfer the tofu stripes from the cutting board to a bowl
- Add sesame oil, rice vinegar and chili flakes to the bowl
- Mix well until everything is combined
- Garnish with cilantro
I bought the tofu sheets in an Asian grocery store. I found it in the fridge where they store the tofu. You might need to ask if you can’t find it. I’m sure the shop owners will help you out.
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Asian Tofu Salad
This Tofu Salad is:
- easy to prepare
- flavorful & tasty
- a light and satisfying meal or side dish
If you make my asian tofu salad let me know how you liked it. Send me a picture of your creation via email or tag me on your instagram posts. Use the hashtag #inspiredbyveganstars so that I don’t miss your recipes. Every recipe made by you will be shared in my instagram stories!